Veritas will be hosting a pre-conference workshop at the Platts North America Crude Oil Exports Summit next Monday afternoon, October 28, at the Houston Marriott West Loop Galleria. Veritas will also be the Executive Sponsor of the event. The Platts Oil Summit is a worthwhile industry event, and we’re very proud to be a part of it this year.
Our workshop will run from 1:00-5:00PM and include presentations by Veritas and several prestigious guest speakers. This is a rare chance to hear insights and experiences by veteran industry leaders. Hedging and risk management topics will range from overviews to advanced topics, as summarized below:
- Kenny Pierce, Director, Veritas will provide an introduction to hedging and risk management.
- Vince Kaminski, Professor in Practice of Energy Management, Rice University will address current challenges and developments in risk management.
- Mike Burger, Partner, Veritas will address risk management for refiners and chemical manufacturers, including the challenge of determining a proper risk benchmark.
- Bob Anderson, Principal, Committee of Chief Risk Officers will describe risk management governance and best practices promulgated by the CCRO.
- Albert Hopping, Global Risk Lead, SAS will provide an overview of risk modeling alternatives, including the pros and cons of different Value at Risk (VaR) models.
After the conclusion of the workshop, we hope to continue our discussions at the welcome reception. I look forward to seeing you there!
At Veritas Total Solutions, one way we stay up-to-date with the latest energy industry trends is by attending conferences and events. We believe in sharing our thoughts and ideas with peers, clients and colleagues so everyone can benefit from what we learned at these conferences and events. Please note, all of our event recaps are interpretations and opinions on the topics discussed. If you want to chat with us about a specific event or if you are interested in learning more about our specific capabilities, contact us or subscribe to our blog to stay connected.