2019 was a great year for us. First, we would like to say thank you. As consultants, we are only as strong as our clients, partners and employees are. Whether it’s a CTRM implementation/upgrade, a new trading strategy or a cloud migration, our successes are a team effort. Everyone that is a part of each project is appreciated and valued.
This year, Veritas experienced tremendous growth – adding new clients and a group of exceptional employees to our team. We are humbly grateful for this success and as we reflect on this past year, we want to share some of our 2019 highlights with you. We also put together a video to show how our local firm has had a global impact.
Our 2019 highlights include:
- Added new, international clients – We are proud to have numerous new clients on board with us this year. We were fortunate to gain two large CTRM upgrades that are currently underway. We also worked on projects for new clients centered around our trading and risk advisory practice, including a trading strategy audit, compliance audit and a VaR implementation. Our technical expertise has opened doors to technical projects outside of our core risk solutions too. We have continued to manage and support a large and complex cloud migration project and worked with clients to incorporate newer technologies like AI and RPA into their organizations.
- Grew our team – Growing work means growing teams! We added multiple people to various teams this year. We follow a structured recruiting process to ensure that we only hire the best and the brightest. We have added multiple senior consultants to our team. One of our new hires includes our summer intern who will be joining us full-time in January! We also hired two Business Development professionals to help grow our company and support the aggressive goals we have for 2020 and beyond. Expect great things from our growing team!
- Hosted Astros outings – Local roots can only mean one thing: We are Astros fans. We hosted multiple Astros events during the regular season and post-season. Despite the outcome of the World Series, we enjoyed these outings with clients, partners, employees and friends. We are already planning next year’s event – bigger and better. Want an invite? We would love to have you! Contact Jeff to get more information.
- Sponsored and attended conferences – We participated in multiple conferences this year. Staying up-to-date with industry news and trends is a priority for us. We sponsored Platts LNG conference, Platts Crude Oil Summit conference, Alpha Insights Energy Risk Trading Summit and the Allegro Summit. We also attended several events and conferences including re:Invent, SPE conference, KCA breakfast, HBJ breakfast and many more. Amber Storey, Director, spoke on the Digital Transformation panel at the 1st Inaugural Energy Trading & Risk Summit comparing RPA to a personal story about a lawnmower robot gone rogue. At the Platt’s Crude Oil Summit, Mike Burger and Kenny Pierce hosted a pre-workshop on Risk Management featuring guests, Albert Hopping from SAS and Dr. Vince Kaminski from Rice University. Stay tuned as we will be publishing webinars on Value at Risk Mathematics and Refinery Risk Management early next year.
- Started a podcast – We launched our podcast, Veritas Viewpoint, in October with 6 shows and we will feature new content in 2020. Our shows will feature our solutions from different experts at Veritas. Check these out on iTunes, Google Play, or Spotify because at Veritas “our Viewpoint is your gain.”
- Celebrated 8-year anniversary – Veritas turned 8 last September. We are proud of everything that we have accomplished as a team. Our people are our best assets, and our clients are our number one priority. With these as our guiding principles, we foster a healthy and collaborative culture and are excited about our continued growth.
From our humble, yet ambitious, start serving local energy firms, we now have raving fans all over the world. We are excited about the business transformation and business value we helped produce in our clients and look forward to doing more in the future!
Veritas Total Solutions is a full-service management consulting firm focused on the energy industry. We add business value by using our deep energy industry knowledge, agile methodology and unique embedded change management approach to solve our clients' most difficult problems. For more information, call 1.855.411.8783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.